Propaganda: Republicans have no plans, no legislation, no solution to economic woes. They’re blocking Obama just to see him fail. They’d rather sink the economy than let Obama win. They hate the American worker.
- There are currently 27 GOP sponsored, House passed, bi-partisan bills that have not been acted upon by the Democrat controlled Senate. They sit in limbo, on Harry Reid’s desk. The Democrat Senate Majority Leader will not allow these bills to come to vote.
- They are:
- H.R. 10 - Reducing regulatory burdens on business
- H.R. 3010 – Reducing regulatory burdens on business
- H.R. 527 – Reducing regulatory burdens on business
- H.R. 3012 – Allowing skilled immigrants access to US job markets, demolishing numerical quotas by country
- H.R. 3606 – Freeing entrepreneur access to capital
- H.R. 1633 – reducing regulatory burdens to farmers
- H.R. 3094 – restricts unions and the NLRB from handicapping job creators
- H.R. 2930 – improves businesses access to capital for investment
- H.R. 2940 – improves small business access to capital
- H.R. 1965 – improves small business access to capital
- H.R. 1070 – improves small business access to capital
- H.R. 1904 – allows for transfer of public lands to private lands for development and job creation
- H.R. 2273 – protects coal jobs from incessant EPA attack
- H.R. 2681 – protects construction jobs from incessant EPA attack
- H.R. 2250 – protects industrial jobs from incessant EPA attack
- H.R. 2401 – protects manufacturing jobs from incessant EPA attack
- H.R. 2587 – protects workers from being laid off due to NLRB mandates to employers
- H.R. 1938 – directs the President and Federal Government to build the Keystone Pipeline
- H.R. 1315 – sets limits on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s power to destroy American businesses
- H.R. 2018 – protects industrial and manufacturing jobs from incessant EPA attacks
- H.R. 2021 – directs the Federal Government to open offshore oil drilling
- H.R. 1231 – directs Federal Government to grant offshore oil drilling permits
- H.R. 1229 – sets safety standards for Gulf of Mexico Oil Production, and timelines for review
- H.R. 1230 – directs the Secretary of The Interior to release offshore oil production permits
- H.R. 910 – limits the EPA’s currently limitless power to shut down industries (like Coal) in the name of “greenhouse gasses”
- H.J. Res. 37 – overrides a Federal Appeals Court ruling to block FCC proposed “net neutrality” rules which, as 24 House Democrats agreed, would “jeopardize jobs”
- H.R. 872 – protects environmental jobs from incessant EPA attack
The House of Representatives is but one-half of one-third of Government. The GOP has only controlled the House of Representatives since January of 2010.
Democrats have controlled 2 thirds of Congress from 2008 through 2012. Democrats controlled the House of Representatives from 2008 to 2010. Democrats controlled the Senate from 2008 through today. Democrats controlled the White House from 2008 through today.
The Constitution declares that legislation (laws) originate in the House of Representatives, as this body is “closest to the People”. Bills passed in the House of Representatives then go to the Senate for vote. If the Senate passes the law, it goes to the President of the United States to sign, or veto.
Harry Reid, the Democrat Senate Majority Leader has refused to allow even one of the 27 bi-partisan GOP sponsored House of Representatives bills to even see a straight up/down vote in the Senate.
Each of the 27 pieces of job creating legislation passed by the House has been stalled, stymied, on the Democrat Senate Majority Leader’s desk.
So, who are the obstructionists? Who is not allowing critical legislation, passed by the House, to even come to vote?
Who is playing politics with the lives of the American Worker?